Tuesday, August 2, 2011

my crazy life

Hello everyone - 
We're pretty busy on the compound this week.  We have a teen short-term mission team here from Pennsylvania, as well as some friends who are in Kenya for a month who are in and out.  And while its busy and crazy, I'm thriving and enjoying it.  I love seeing people learning to interact with others of a different culture - allowing themselves to be stretched and to grow.  


Plus, this is birthday week! Hard to believe I'm 34 - how did that happen.  I'm looking back on what I wrote for goals at New Years (you can read that here). I haven't really made a lot of progress on some of them (umm, guess I'd better get busy working on that book) NTx12 pretty much went out the window back in March, and blogging has only gotten consistent in the last two months.  BUT - I'm growing deeper.  I'm seeing God work in my heart and life in a completely new way.  


I may have started the year out a bit wobbly, but 8 months in, the path is a bit steadier even if I can't see where its going.  And that's okay because I serve a big God who has a better perspective than I do.


A word of encouragement for you that I've been meditating on for a while:
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. - Ephesians 3:16-20

No comments: