Sunday, October 10, 2010

From Wal-Mart to Nakumatt

My life has just changed again - I’ve spent 15 hours in airplanes, 7 hours in airports, 3 hours in queues, 30 minutes in a car, crossed 7 time zones, and have arrived with Springtime in Nairobi, Kenya. And I’m really tired - jet lag will do that to you.

But one thing hasn’t changed - I’m still making lists of things I have to get at the store. Thursday morning I ran to Wal-Mart on my way to the airport to get a new toothbrush, Saturday morning I went to Nakumatt to get shampoo, conditioner, and coffee for my french press.

So life is different yet the same. I’m sleeping under a mosquito net & brushing my teeth with bottled water & driving on the left side of the road, but I’m still making lists and worshipping Jesus.

Welcome to the new normal... whatever that is

3 comments:

Beth said...

Oh that's wonderful! I hope you'll be able to keep us updated about your time there and tell us what you're doing.

GE is me said...

Ditto what Beth said. Praying for you, as you keep worshipping & serving our Jesus! Sending hugs all the way to Kenya. :)

Anonymous said...

Loving the blog - great to be able to still be involved in your life daily - love to you and big hugs and kisses from all the girls here ; rich and Zacky too! xo